Android 5.0 Lollipop featured a new method capable of restricting calls, texts and notifications. It’s called Priority Mode and will provide you with the tools to nominate the contacts allowed to disturb your precious time. We’ve included a quick guide down below on how to use and configure Priority Mode.
How to Use & Configure Android Priority Mode
1. Turn on Priority Mode by pressing any volume button.
2. Select Priority and tap on the settings icon.
3. Configure your priority interruptions by enabling which types of communication methods will feature on your priority plan.
4. Tap on Calls/messages from and select the default method of restricting your calls.
5. If you’ve opted to restrict your calls to starred contacts only, go ahead and elevate the contacts that are most important to you. This is done by opening a contact and tapping on the star at the top of the thumbnail.
6. All that’s left to do is enable Priority Mode. Tap a volume key, set the timer and enjoy the silence !