A not so widely known method of tracking a phone is by using Google Location History. It is enabled by default on any Android operating system such as a tablet or phone. Location data is extracted cell IDs and Wi-Fi routers that your devices are connected to. Google stores all this information and makes sense of your movement based on the signal it receives. Here’s how you can access all that information and figure out where your phone has been.
How to View Your Phone Location History
1. Access Google Dashboard and log-in with your Google Account.Visit Google Dashboard
2. Scroll down and click on View Location List.
3. Here you have a map with all the location your phone has visited.
4. Click on places to see the full list of locations.
5. Use the locations to retrace your phone steps and figure out where is your phone.