Since its launch, WhatsApp experienced a steadfast growth in the mobile messaging segment, now boasting with over 900 million active users. With this staggering statistic, it’s clear that WhatsApp is on its way of becoming the universal messaging app. It’s no wonder that “WhatsApp for PC” is one of the most popular searches in Google. It is possible to run WhatsApp on your PC, and it’s very simple to install. You just have to make use of an android emulator. Here’s a simple Step-by-Step tutorial on running WhatsApp in BlueStacks on both Mac and Windows PC.
Steps to Run WhatsApp in BlueStacks
1. Download & Install software from bluestacks website. Both Mac (.dmg) and Windows (.exe) versions are available.
2. Open BlueStacks and type “WhatsApp” in the search box. WhatsApp should be the first option by default, so click on that and install.
2.1. If for some reason you’re having trouble downloading the app via BlueStacks, you can fetch WhatsApp manually by downloading the .apk file from the official whatsapp site.
Once you download, Right-click on the file and Open With BlueStacks APK Installer. This will install the app in BlueStacks.
3. If you’re opening BlueStacks for the first time, you need to set up your BlueStacks account. If you’re already using, then move to step 4 directly.
You can sign in with your existing Google account. If you don’t have one yet, click on New and insert your personal information.
4. Once you’re signed in, complete the installation of WhatsApp and click on the icon to launch WhatsApp. You will be prompted to select your country and enter phone number. Insert the required information and wait for the authentication process to complete. You’ll receive a sms with a code and a link, click on the link to complete the verification.
Keep in mind that you’ll have to provide a phone number that wasn’t previously used with WhatsApp.
4.1. If the verification process fails, click on the Call me button and insert the code you receive via phone call or sms. With that verification gets completed.
5. All you have to do now is type in a screen name and you’re ready to go.
Congratulations! You can now start using WhatsApp on your Mac or Windows PC.