It’s scary how much information flows through our Whatsapp chats. Let’s say you break your Android phone beyond repair. You can still recover some data from your Google account, but all your Whatsapp data will be lost, right? I don’t know about you but I would be absolutely furious if I lost my WhatsApp pictures.
You can avoid this unfortunate event if you back your WhatsApp account constantly. WhatsApp allows you to backup your conversations on Google Drive. This includes every photo sent or received and even videos if you choose to include them.
Follow our step-by-step guide below to back up your WhatsApp Photos to Google Drive.
Backup WhatsApp Messages, Photos, And Videos To Google Drive
1. Open WhatsApp, tap the action button and select Settings.
2. Go to Chats > Chat Backup.
3. Scroll down and tap on Back up to Google Drive. Select the interval in which you want your WhatsApp data to be backed.
4. Tap on Account and select or add a Google account. Keep in mind that this will serve as a container for your backup.
5. Tap on Back up over and select Wi-Fi only if you don’t want to waste precious mobile data.
6. Tick the box next to Include videos to include video content to your backup.
6. Hit the Back Up button and wait for the process to complete.
7. When you migrate to a new phone, all your WhatApp pictures will be restored if you initialize with same Google account. You can also find your WhatsApp backup if you open Drive and expand the Backups tab.
That’s it. You’re backup is ready.