Open GApps is the most preferred go-to site when it comes to downloading Google App packages, and it’s not hard to understand why. If you are interested even a little bit in custom ROMs, there’s a high chance you already know about Open GApps Project.
The site is as straightforward as it gets. The packages are easy to download and are always up to date, varying according to each Android version. As expected, the guys behind Open GApps have now taken their project to the next level and infused their project into a new Android app.
We are just going to come out and say that Open GApps app is rock solid. The UI is simple but effective, the initial setup is as intuitive as it gets and the app only requests one necessary permission – storage.
A great feature of this app is the ability to detect your CPU architecture and android version, so you don’t have to worry about flashing the wrong package. If you have root access, you can allow Open GApps app root access so that it can install any packages you download.
If you’re in the habit of flashing devices regularly, Open GApps app is definitely worth checking out because it will simplify things exponentially.
Follow our quick guide down below to see how to install and use Open GApps app on your Android device.
How to Download and Use Open GApps App
1. Download & Install Open GApps from Google Play Store.Download Open GApps
3. Select your CPU Architecture and hit the Next button. If the app detects your CPU, stick with it and do not change it.
Note: In some rare cases, the app might not detect your CPU, so you’ll need to select it yourself.
4. Select your Android Version and hit the Next button. Stick with the Android version detected by Open GApps. Otherwise, you will have problems flashing your device.
5. Finally, you have to select the Package Variant. As a rule of thumb, if you don’t know what are the other options for, always go with the stock package variant.
6. Once the initial setup is configured, tap the menu icon and select Install.
7. Now all that’s left to do is tap the Download button and wait until the package is successfully downloaded.
Bonus: Developers also included a little easter egg. Tap the menu icon and select About. Tap and hold the Open GApps icon and see the magic happen.