The days when we had no other choice than to rely on complicated tools like Photoshop or Flash for making animations are long gone.
Now, users consider animated GIFs as one of the most convenable ways of expressing themselves. The reason for this is, you don’t need to be an expert animator to create a GIF. In fact, you can create a GIF on any platform, including Android.
As you might expect, there’s a lot of apps capable of creating GIFs on Android, but we settled on GIF Maker because it does some things better than the competition.
GIF Maker has three essential functionalities that will help you create a GIF from any situation:
- the ability to use your phone’s camera to shoot a video that will be directly converted into a GIF
- the ability to create a GIF from a file you already have in your gallery
- the ability to create A GIF from a screen recording of your phone
With this in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to use GIF Maker to create your very own GIFs.
How to Create GIFs on Android with GIF Maker
1. Download GIF Maker from Google Play Store.Download GIF Maker
2. Tap on Create New.
3. Since it’s the most common way to create GIFs from mobile devices, we selected From video for the sake of this guide.
4. Select a video from your gallery.
5. Once the video is loaded into the editor, use the two handles to set the start and the end of the GIF.
6. Test it by tapping the Play icon and hit Apply once you’re ready.
7. Wait until the GIF is created. Depending on the length and the power of your phone, it may take up to 5 minutes.
8. Test your GIF and use the slider to visualize different parts of it. Hit Share to export it on almost any social media platform.