Apps like ES File Explorer make file sharing between Android and Windows 10 a breeze. It’s all done over Wi-Fi, no cables whatsoever. We’ll show you how.
ES File Explorer is an extremely powerful Android file manager, but that’s not it can do. Among other robust features, ES File Explorer is capable of sharing files with a Windows PC over Wi-fi.
Follow our quick guide down below to share files between Android and Windows easily.
How to Share Files Between Android and Windows 10 with ES File Explorer
1. Download & Install ES File Explorer from Google Play.
2. Switch to your PC and create a new folder that will be shared between the two device. After you create a folder, right-click on it and click on Properties.
3. Expand the Sharing tab and click on Share.
4. Type in “everyone” and click on Add.
5. Change the permission level of Everyone to Read/Write.
6. Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings and scroll all the way down. Under Password protected sharing, turn off password protected sharing.
7. Switch back to your Android, open ES File Explorer and tap on action box.
8. Go to Network > Lan and tap on Scan.
9. Tap on the newly found device to connect to it. You can access any type of file included in the shared folder, as long as both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.